Please read the following terms and conditions before quoting from or using the content contained herein. By using the materials on this site, you will be deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions. All content, information, and URLs of this Web site are subject to change or deletion without prior notice.
The information presented on this site consists of works and compilation works copyrighted to individuals or groups who have offered their work and granted permission for its use by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research or this website. This information is protected under copyright laws, international treaties, and other laws.
Any use (including duplication, alteration, uploading, posting, sending, distributing, licensing, selling, publishing, etc.) of this information beyond personal use or the scope of that which is explicitly allowed by law is forbidden unless prior written approval is obtained by individuals or groups who have offered their work and granted permission for its use by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research or this website.
Please observe the following when quoting from this site:
- There must be a necessity to quote the copyrighted work.
- The quoted text and the original text must be clearly separated using such means as quotation marks.
- It must be made clear that the quoted portion is subordinate in value to the text in which the quote is to be found.
Further, based on the stipulation of the Copyright Law of Japan, the source of the work must be clearly indicated in the manner and to the extent deemed reasonable in light of the manner of the reproduction and/or exploitation.
- (1) Links to this site
Links to this website may be freely posted on other sites. Prior notification is not required, but, when a link has been posted please contact email@example.com with the URL of the website. Please use the subject line “linked URL.”
However, we firmly deny the posting of links on the following websites and may request the removal of links if posted:
- Websites that contain content that libels or defames the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research
- Websites that contain content that infringes (or has the potential to infringe) on laws and public order and morality, or websites of groups that aim (or have the potential) to carry out such infringements
- Websites that may cause financial damage to the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research
Links may be posted to any page on this site, but the content and URL may change without prior notice.
- (2) Link disclaimer
The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research accepts no responsibility for the content of any linked website nor for any damage that may occur through the use of such sites.
A link to this site does not signify endorsement by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research of any product, service, company, etc. that is posted on the linked site nor the existence of any special affiliation between the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research and the linked site.
- Restrictions on Use
The following actions are restricted when using this site:
- Actions that infringe, or may infringe, on the property or privacy of a third party or the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research.
- Actions that are unprofitable or inflict damage, or have the potential to do so, upon third parties or the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research.
- Actions that are against public order and morals, or have the potential to be.
- Actions that are crimes, or are linked to crimes, or have the potential to be.
- False declarations or notifications by registering other people’s e-mail addresses.
- Actions to promote a business or to gain profit, or actions which prepare for such.
- Actions that defame the honor or trust of third parties or the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research.
- Actions that present or use harmful programs, such as computer viruses, or have such a potential.
- Actions that contravene laws, legal ordinances, conventions or other such regulations, or have such a potential.
- Any action that is deemed inappropriate by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research.
- The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research uses reasonable security measures and strives to prevent the loss, leak, misuse, alteration, or destruction of personal information and materials provided by individuals that use this site. This, however, is not a guarantee of absolute security of personal information and materials provided by individuals that use this Web.
- Access Logs
The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research records and stores access logs that include the IP address of users who access this Web site. Individuals will not be identified by the IP address that they use.
The access logs are not used by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research for any other purpose other than statistical analysis, such as access trends and numbers, and to diagnose any server problems. The results of statistical analysis are used to understand the access trends of users and to advise the future management of this site.
- Information Disclaimer
The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research, when posting information on this site, has paid the closest attention to all content. However, the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research does not guarantee the accuracy, usefulness, certainty, applicability to the user’s objectives, or safety of the content of the information posted (including the non-interruption of functions, the non-occurrence of errors, the corrections of defects, or the absence of computer viruses and other harmful items on this Web site and the server). Further, the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research accepts no responsibility for any damages that arise through the use of the information on this site or unavailability of the information on this site, or through the use of the site itself.
The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research may change the information on this site without prior notification. This site may be temporarily suspended or shut down. The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research accepts no responsibility for any damages that arise through the alteration of information, the temporary suspension, or the shutting down of this site for any reason whatsoever.
- Applicable Laws and Legal Jurisdiction
- The use of this site as well as the interpretation and application of these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, unless otherwise stated. The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive primary jurisdiction with respect to any and all disputes regarding the use of this site.
- For more information contact:
General Affairs, The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research
- Terms & Conditions